Contact Info | Photos | Bio | Basic Stats | Trivia | First Book Sale
surface mail: P.O.Box 398, Plain Dealing, LA 71064
or click here to contact Winnie
Born and raised in the bayou country of southeast Louisiana, Winnie moved to the opposite corner of the state when she married her college sweetheart over 25 years ago. She and her husband, along with their four teenage children, reside in Plain Dealing, a small community nestled in the piney hill country of northwest Louisiana.
With a BS degree in mathematics and a minor in Computer Science, Winnie has held an 8:00-5:00 job in the Computer Programming/Information Technology field since she graduated from college. But her first love has always been reading and writing romances. During the years preceding her sale she submitted to numerous writing contests and won or placed in many of these. Her biggest thrill, however, came in May of 2000 when she received that dream-come-true call heralding her first sale.
The year 2000 was, in fact, a banner year for Winnie in several other areas as well. She and her husband celebrated their silver wedding anniversary. The oldest of her four children headed off for her first year of college Her second born, taking on the role of eldest-sibling-in-residence, got his driver's license and inherited the less glamorous little-sister-chauffeuring and errand-running responsibilities that came with it. Her two youngest - twins - entered the we're-grown-up-now world of high school. And to crown the year off nicely, she received a Christmas present from her editor in the form of a late December call to make an offer on her second book!
Since that time, Winnie has made several additional sales, including her latest, Where There's A Will, currently slated for a February 2004 release.
Winnie belongs to numerous writing organizations, including Romance Writers' of America and several of its local and special interest chapters. She is active in these groups as well as in her church - after all, she's a firm believer in the adage that you reap in proportion to what you sow.
- Married since 1975 to her college sweetheart
- The mother of four children
- Attended Immaculata High School, Marrero, LA on academic scholarship, Graduated in 1971
- Attended Northwestern State University, Natchitoches, LA on academic scholarship, Graduated cum laude in 1975, B.S. degree in Mathematics, minor in Computer Science
- Began work for SouthWestern Electric Power Co. in 1975 as a computer programmer.
- Is still employed by AEP-SWEPCO, where she has held various professional and management positions in the Information Technology area over the ensuing years
PROFESSIONAL WRITING ORGANIZATION MEMBERSHIPS
- Romance Writers of America
- Novelists, Inc.
- North Louisiana StoryTellers and Authors of Romance (Chapter President)
- Dallas Area Romance Authors
- Central Ohio Fiction Writers
- Hearts Through History
- Published Author Special Interest Chapter
The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams -- Eleanor Roosevelt
My sister sent a small announcement of my book sale to my high school alma mater's alumni newsletter. The alumni director was wonderfully enthusiastic and a few weeks later did me the extreme honor of inviting me to present the commencement address to the 2001 graduating class. This was an incredible, never-to-be-forgotten experience.